ADVICE & ADVISORY SERVICES
Mercer Investments has significant scale advantages with more than 1,200 investment professionals in 48 offices worldwide and more than 100 specialist manager researchers. We advise on a total of US$6.7 trillion in assets. Our scale and global footprint translate to real benefits to our clients.
- Setting investment objectives and constructing robust model portfolios by developing appropriate benchmarks as well as measuring and mitigating downside risk.
- Establishing risk profile questionnaires and corresponding model portfolios for all asset classes.
- Mercer Vantage Point provides a qualitative screen for large numbers of funds that need to be consolidated and we can also provide High Volume Monitoring of funds.
- In depth analysis of money management, custodians, counterparty risk and transaction costs as well as operational risk assessments by our specialist unit, Mercer Sentinel1.
- Advice on strategic asset allocations, customized for various risk profiles and different segments within a firm’s client base.
- Manager and fund selection and blending managers to achieve specific objectives.
- Advice on emerging investment opportunities and themes.
- Monitoring of asset allocations, managers and model portfolios and delivery of significant manager news and market valuations views.
- Participation in investment committee meetings and professional development sessions.
- Production of investment-related material for advisors that can be incorporated into their client communications. These include investment-specific notes, such as short fund profiles, educational articles, technical white papers and thought pieces on topical investment issues.
- Advisor training
Mercer Sentinel is dedicated to consulting on issues such as custody, transition management, trading and brokerage, commission recapture and middle- and back-office operations of investment managers.